Help & FAQs
How do I find items in the library?
1. Go to the Library catalogue.
2. Select the Search or Home tab.
3. Enter your search term/s into one of the following fields:
- Author words: searches for last and first names
- Title words: searches for your words in title
- General words: searches for your words across all search options
- Subject words: searches for your words in subject
5. Click on the red arrow or hit enter on your keyboard. The search results screen will show a list of items which that your search.
6. Double click on an item title to find out the item's location and current availability.
How do I renew my loans online?
1. Go to the Library catalogue.
2. Click My Membership/Renew/Request tab.
3. Enter your Borrower ID and PIN.
4. Click Loans and Renewals.
5. Tick the box next to item(s) you want to renew.
6. Click the Renew button.
You may also renew your loans on your mobile phone using our Bookmyne App.
Items are renewed for 2 weeks. Items may only be renewed twice.
For online renewals, renew on or before the due date. The system will not allow renewal of items that are already overdue, items on Inter Library Loan, items that have been requested by another patron.
How do I request an item?
You may request an item that is currently on loan to another borrower (reserve), or request an item that is at another branch to be couriered to your local branch (inter branch loan).
Requests cannot be made for CDs, DVDs, Picture Books, Magazines, Junior and Adult Paperbacks.
1. Search the library catalogue for the item you wish to request.
2. Check the item’s availability.
3. Click the Request button.
4. Enter your Borrower ID and your PIN.
5. Choose the Library you wish to collect your item from.
6. Click Request .
You may also make requests on your mobile phone using our Bookmyne App.
Inter branch loans are available for collection from the Circulation Desk the business day after making your request (excluding requests made on Friday. Friday requests for pick up from Bowral will be available Monday. Friday requests for pick up from Moss Vale or Mittagong will be available on Tuesday).
Items are held for 7 days.
How do I get a PIN?
1. Choose 4 numbers you can easily remember.
2. Register those numbers with library staff at any branch. For security reasons PINs cannot be set or changed over the phone or via email.
1. Go to the Library catalogue
2. Click Membership/Renew/Request
3. Type in your Library Card Number
4. Click Forgot PIN
5. An e-mail will be sent to your address
6. Press the link in e-mail
7. Type in a new PIN and re-enter new PIN and click Forgot PIN
8. Your new PIN will now be registered
How do I change my PIN?1. Go to the Library catalogue
2. Log in to your account.
3. Click Membership/Renew/Request.
4. Click My Details.
5. Enter new PIN.
Do I have to return an item to the branch that I borrowed it from?
All borrowed items may be returned to any of our four branches: Bowral Central Library, Mittagong Library, Moss Vale Library, and ROADS Mobile Library.
Do I receive a reminder before my items become overdue?
If you register for PreOverdue Notices you will receive a courtesy notice via email 3 days before items become overdue. To find out how to register see PreOverdue Notices.
Alternatively, if you have an iPhone or Android phone you can use Bookmyne, our free mobile app, to set your own preoverdue reminders up to 7 days in advance.